A SmartBoard is a type of an interactive whiteboard created by smart technology. – A SmartBoard is large Interactive display in the form factor of a white board which provides touch control.It can either be a standalone touch screen computer used independently to perform tasks and operations, or a connectable apparatus used as a touchpad to control computers from a projector. They are used in a variety of settings, including classrooms at all levels of education, in corporate board rooms and work groups, in training rooms for professional, sports coaching, in broadcasting studios, and others.
Uses for SmartBoard include:
- Running software that is loaded onto the connected PC, such as a web browsers or other software used in the classroom.
- Capturing and saving notes written on a whiteboard to the connected PC
- Capturing notes written on a graphics tablet connected to the whiteboard
- Controlling the PC from the white board using click and drag, markup which annotates a program or presentation.
- Using OCR software to translate cursive writing on a graphics tablet into text
- Using an Audience Response Time so that presenters can poll a classroom audience or conduct quizzes, capturing feedback onto the whiteboard